I am occupational therapist, Barbara A. Smith, M.S., OTR/L. I have been working with children and adults with developmental disabilities for over 40 years! Work settings include
1) sheltered workshops
2) community residences
3) public schools and special education collaboratives
4) state institutions
5) early intervention; and
6) hippotherapy settings.
7) day programs.
I have certifications in Sensory Integration and hippotherapy. I have contributed to a variety of journals and am author of
- The Recycling Occupational
- From Rattles to Writing: A Parent's Guide to Hand Skills
- From Flapping to Function: A Parent's Guide to Autism and Hand Skills
- Still Giving Kisses: A Guide to Helping and Enjoying the Alzheimer's Victim You Love
Please check out my
Home CEU On-line Courses
Blog posts- both here on Word press and RecyclingOT.blogspot.com
Join over 20,000 followers on my Face book page THE RECYCLING OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST.
I'd love to hear your ideas, too!
Disclosure: Information on this website should not be construed as medical or therapy advice and is provided only as general information. Please consult your physician and other health professionals for specific advice.